Friday, January 20, 2006

One skunk, two shots, and a big stack of vinyl.

So in the past few weeks absolutely nothing has been happening. At least to the untrained eye. However, I have been at home, working for the neighbors, and "running errands" getting everything ready to go to Australia. Here is a brief summary of my latest endeavors.

Last week at work I had to run to the vet's and buy a scrotal measuring tape - $18.97. Apparently when you're dealing with registered angus bulls size does matter.

I got a great deal on shampoo in Topeka on Monday; it was marked down 80% which is outstanding.

On Tuesday I got a shot in each arm, so I'll be immune to the major diseases for the next couple of years at least. Then I met up with my roomate and we went wedding dress shopping - for her, not me.

Today I got to work only to discover that there was one pissed off skunk running around and as a consequence everything, including the house smelled terrible. It wasn't too bad except when you had to breathe.

Later I went to Manhattan to pick up my ticket to listen to Mr. President speak on Monday and I bought a digital camera, some ziplock bags and a hair cut. I also managed to hit my head on my car as I was getting in, so now I have a cool scrape across my forehead.

The last few nights Mom has been getting out the records. I've rediscovered the joy we know as vinyl. It's one of those things where the music is loud and you're totally rocking out to Rod Stewart and Billy Joel, shaking your groove thing etc. But you've got to keep it in check because if you rock the living room too hard the needle skips and it totally messes up the ambiance, you know?

As you can see, it's been positively hopping around here.

1 comment:

Aubs said...

"It wasn't too bad except when you had to breathe." Outstanding. If life in Palmer, KS is this darn exciting, can't wait too see what you post from Geelong. As in, that place you're going to be for, gee, such a long time.