Thursday, February 09, 2006

Room 99

I didn't think I'd have anything to post so soon after the last one, but lets just say we went out last night... It was a good time overall. Suffice to say there are no places like Room 99 in Manhattan. It was a big two story bar/club (more club than bar to my way of thinking though) and had a crazy long waiting line to get in and a $7 cover charge. Ridiculous, but I guess that's normal everywhere that's not Manhattan. Once inside I saw some amazing things which I will now list for your entertainment value. Now just remember I'm not judging, I'm just relating.

1. 1980 Workout Barbie - complete with heels and a crazy headband with lace flowers (note: there were several of these)

2. "I've got a Mullet AND Dreads" Ken - just ponder that combo for a bit

3. Satan in the form of a boy with bleached hair. (seriously, I looked up at the stage area where the really cool people dance and thought, whoa, there's Satan, guess it is a crazy night out)

4. A lot of braces. The drinking age is 18 so maybe this has something to do with it, but there was seriously a lot of orthodonic grills running around.

The bars also stay open way later than at home. 4:00-5:00 is not uncommon apparently. I don't know about you but I just can't dance that long. I don't have enough moves and some people are fine with that, but I feel like after 4 hours everything I've got is a little played out and it's time for next season's swimwear, you know?

Anyway, the big news today is that we get to move into our permanent places so I'll get to finally unpack and get everything straightened out. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Aubs said...

Please, oh, please, tell me you did The Georgie... How about your special ostrich/gazelle stretch neck move? I mean, I place like that, surely anything goes. My first experience at a foreign club consisted of gazing in utter awe as some Czech dude in acid washed jeans and a ripped open t-shirt played the air guitar to Final Countdown (windmill arm and all) as a not small crowd of Czech women went nuts and shook their booties in a beautifully off-beat fashion.