So I finally buy some eggs one day cause we need to make some cupcakes.
I open them up and viola (or walah as janell would say) they've got little smiley faces on them. My first thought was, "good grief, no wonder everyone's so laid back in this country, even the eggs are smiling!" I acutally didn't think that, because I was taken aback too much to do anything but stare incredulously. But it was a neat little surprise. They probably made me pay extra for it though!
This is RA Joe licking up the frosting drippings from the cupcakes we had made for him (with the smiley face eggs I might add - the lil buggers aren't smiling now are they!). We usually share them amongst other people in the block but in this case since there were 4 of us and 12 cupcakes, we decided we should each have 3. And this is why people (people = me) gain weight when they study abroad.
I think we all know what this is, well you should anyway, but I've run into a surprising number of people who are not familiar with the heavenly creation we call puppy chow. We have introduced it to both Australians and fellow American's alike and all have marveled at the peanut buttery, chocolate goodness that flows forth from the ziplock bag.
And it wouldn't be complete if I didn't personally clean out the bowl. Meredith and Lacy, you've seen this pose before.... Basically me doing what I do best. And then there's Stuart. My neighbor and birthday buddy. Proudly posing with some caramel and chocolate cupcakes.
He's a generally lovely left-wing bloke who thinks Howard is akin to one of satan's lesser personal assistant demons (ok, he's never used those words but that's the impression I get, lets just say he doesn't care for the fella - "Howard" and "fella" refering to the current prime minister). He sometimes listens to his music a bit loud for my taste but as it is generally during a reasonable hour of the day and not 3am, I really haven't felt moved to complain. Mom asked me the other week about the food here. Well, it's alright and I generally clean my plate, so I can't complain. Everyone else seems to think it's way healthier here, but I don't really find that to be the case. Maybe I'm just stubborn and biased and wierd, but I ate way healthier at home. Regardless of all that, we get three evening meals a week and then money to spend on campus food during the day. It's annoying though because everything closes down on the weekends and that's when the busses have shortened schedules anyway so it's even more difficult to get anywhere when we really need to. But we have been surviving obviously.
That's about all the food stories I have to relate, so I'll leave you with an image of the beans and weenies we made weeks back. Just to get the ol' appetite roaring..
2 comments:
i kinda want to start drawing smiley faces on our eggs now so when you open that door up you get a nice little greeting.
Agreed! And I have a rainbow pack of sharpies for just that use now...
Post a Comment