The past couple of weeks have been full of events that feel very much like end of the semester, goodbye it's been fun, never see you all again events. It's been fun and crazy, but in the morning you remember that people will soon be leaving. In groups of one and two the campus will slowly lose one face after another as each calendar day passes. Jill is leaving on the 6th, Kathryn on the 13th, Katie on the 24th and Laura on the 26th. And all of the others as well. I know this is the way it always goes and everyone here has been preparing for it in their own way. It seems to be a cruel joke however that the days when you really want to be living it up and reinforcing the bonds so they may stretch and remain strong when we are no longer in this place that we have exams hanging over our heads. Granted if I had put in a little more effort throughout the semester it probably wouldn't be such a big deal. Ah, hindsight. Anyway we have still been enjoying our time here and will continue to do so all the way to Tullamarine where we will board our long flights home.
So on that note, here's a few pics of all the cheery times we've been having.

Just a bit of red and white fun before the t-shirt signing party

Me, Mel, Flora, Laura and Suze at the t-shirt signing

The Barton Ball - kind of like prom, only semi-formal, you had to buy tickets, and there's alcohol. Never thought prom could be so fun for a 22 yr. old...

Jill and I at Aussie Prom 2K6

Josh (proudly sporting his "Prohibition Chic" red suspenders), Katie, Mo and Jake

Colin and I at Aussie Prom 2K6. Colin's from Iowa and has promised to come down for the K-State/Iowa State football game this fall

Scary close-up pic of Kathryn and I

Marty and I - Prom 2K6
Sorry for the long, drawn out picture display. I'm sure I could have done it better somehow but didn't want to really take the time to redo it all. My personal apologies go out to everyone's scrolling finger.
1 comment:
Hang on...is that his arm around you?! Nice one! I am glad we enjoyed the Evatt's boys all of these months later...it's kind of like a little subplot in our Oz adventures...we saw them long ago at the beach, then followed from afar- and just before we leave, a connection! I'm always glad for the pictures...
Post a Comment