Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Carrie's Song




There are certain songs that will always put me back in a certain place, a certain frame of mind, a certain camera's image. There's a song, named for a girl who isn't me, written by a guy in a band who never made it. And I remember a group of people who no longer bother to keep in touch. Time moves us along toward ever-new destinations. The song means something different to each of us. But it doesn't matter. At one point in our lives, we knew every word. We stood too close to speakers, breathing in too much smoke, singing it together.


Image from www.scythianmusic.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT SERIOUSLY GAVE ME CHILLS, SERIOUSLY. I LIKE IT ALOT. DID YOU WRITE THAT POETIC MASTERPIECE?

Adriane said...

yeah I was feeling nostalgic and the song came on and it all sort of came together