"I love a good nap. It's the only thing that gets me up in the morning." - George Costanza
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
At Bobo's Drive-In
At Bobo’s Drive-In, a girl with strawberry orange hair and a scruffy boy sit at the counter. He looks at her and sings country love songs along with the radio. She wears heavy eyeliner. He keeps his wallet on a chain. She tells him stories about things she has had in her hair. That one time at school when someone spilled mashed potatoes and gravy on her head. An unfortunate incident with a bird. He laughs, calls her gross and kisses her. She adores him, this much is clear even from the corner booth where I sit, trying not to smile too broadly. They are so in love. And for several minutes, Bobo’s is the best place in the world. Then I bite into my cheeseburger and discover they automatically load ‘em up with mayo, mustard, three pickles and a slice of tomato. Blast. Stupid Bobo’s.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I started reading your blog cuz Laura was telling me today about great it is, and indeed she is correct!!
Adriane, you totally crack me up and bring so many fond memories of discussions in Oz, sitting in random dorm rooms talking about books and boys.
I totally admire your humour :)
damn the electric fence
...but did you try the milkshake???
Post a Comment