Monday, August 25, 2008

DA!

So one of my favorite websites went down for awhile and I was deeply disheartened. But on tonight, of all nights, it is working!!!

I love everything about it. I love the horrible little chimes before each chapter, I love the woman's English accent. And the man, he sounds a little older, a little more authentic - a native speaker, like maybe he's just eaten some potatoes. It's like listening to two old friends having a conversation. Albeit a rather slow, repetitive conversation, but two friends conversing nonetheless. And when the old man says "I think I broke my arm," I believe him because he is whiskery and authentic, even though it sounds more like a blessing.

http://www.visit-croatia.co.uk/croatianfortravellers/Chapter3.mp3



For more Croatian Language training:
http://www.visit-croatia.co.uk/croatianfortravellers/index.htm

2 comments:

Aubs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubs said...

I had NO idea you were still visiting this page! Learning Croatian behind my back? Are you planning another trip without me?