Saturday, March 31, 2007

Answer the following question to the best of your ability

It's 1:53 a.m. Which is worse:

A. The Paraguayan party two levels down
B. The drunk greeks down the street

Given the following information:

The Paraguayans are alternating between techno and alternative - our house is pulsating.

The frat boys are singing and the gals are squealing.

The Paraguayans are hotter and probably more interesting, so I'm liable to cut them a little more slack. They're also louder (due to proximity) and they're vibrating my house.

It really is a tough choice. Ultimately I'd say it's going to come down to whoever passes out first. If the Paraguayans pass out and forget to turn off their music it will result in the following equation:
them = enemy for life

If the frat guys pass out first, we could be good, but there's always the potential for a fight, in which case things could drag out indefinitely. As it is, something just got smashed so we should be well on our way.

Now I've heard the old adage, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. And I really have thought about it. But I played sand volleyball in the rain this evening and, with my hair, you can all imagine what the end result looks like. I suppose I could effectively scare them into submission or something, but really the Paraguayans are hot and I'd like to keep that option open. I suppose I could always call in a double noise complaint, get rid of them both at once. I've never done it before and I probably won't now, but if I'm still having this discussion at 3:00 a.m. I might change my tune.

As it is, I'll be drifting off with the sweet sounds of the "Braveheart Theme Dance Mix" and 15 rounds of "Macho Macho Mug" as my lullaby. Gotta love college.

Dear goodness, downstairs they've got a dance mix of In the Jungle....maybe I should make that phone call.

No comments: