Sunday, July 20, 2014

Denver

They weren't lying about the sunshine.  I wake up around 6 am, when a five gallon bucket of sunshine is dumped on my face.  It's Denver, coming at me full force, delivering this untimely gift.

Here is some SUNSHINE!  For YOU!  It might be more than you need right now, but we just couldn't wait any longer!  Go out and do something fun with it!!

And even though I kept my eyes shut, it slipped in through slivered eyelid cracks, refusing to be ignored. So I sat up.

I didn't know it at the time, but Denver, and the entire state of Colorado, had made plans to repeat this routine for the duration of my stay.  It was brutal.  I made a few half-hearted attempts at being grumpy about it but I was too tired even for that.  So I went with it, promising myself good and plentiful naps once safely back in Kansas.

No comments: