which is an area in Melbourne. Katie and I went there with Ben, a guy we know from Uni and one of his friends Timmy. We had a pretty good time except the techno music got a little old after a while. We even saw an actor from Neighbors which is a TV show over here. (It'a pretty bad show though so it's kind of a joke)The next week, on Wed. (March 22nd) we went and watched the Commonwealth games Squash competition. At first it wasn't too thrilling but towards the end it really heated up. The crowd got intense especially during the England/Mauritius match. The players from Mauritius were just amazing.
They ultimately lost but they played with such flair. Amazing. So at the end of the match we rushed down and had them autograph our ticket stubs. How many people have that souvenier? I'm going to wager not very many. The next Monday, there was a school sponsored trip to Queenscliff to see seals and swim with dolphins. I'll admit I had some reservations because I'm really not a dolphin lover, but it actually was a pretty cool experience. The seal colony smelled really really noxious. My whole face kind of shriveled up in agony, but once you got in the water you didn't notice it as much.
When we got to the dolphin area, it took us a little while before we spotted them, but once we did there was a group of like 20-25 that were swiming around and below us. The company that was taking us out there doesn't feed them or anything so everytime they go out it's a matter of chance whether or not you see any. So basically we had about the best luck anyone has in that situation.A celebrity, some squash, seals and dolphins...
How do you top a line-up like that?
No comments:
Post a Comment