
Since I've gotten home from Australia, I've had my roomate's wedding to look forward to and get ready for (I was in charge of the slideshow). And now it's all over. Despite a few minor hang-ups everything went wonderfully. The bride was beautiful, the groom was handsome, and one of the mothers wore her dress backwards all day. The flower girl broke her ankle at the rehearsal dinner but still carried out her duties like a champ. Just as their marriage is the beginning of something wonderful, it's also the end of something that was pretty darn good too. It's just a little sad to be in our apartment and know that Meredith isn't going to be living with me anymore. One more reminder that time keeps a steady pace and never turns around. Lives diverge never to meet up again in the same way - which for the most part is a good thing. Who really wants to go back to 7th grade? Honestly.
Between Thursday and today, I've been sleeping the way we've been getting rain - too little, too late. It's terribly annoying to go to sleep at 1:36 am only to wake up at 6:18 am and not be able to fall back asleep. The next night was basically a repeat of the first.
I woke up looking like an extra from the set of FraggleRock which kind of appealed to me so I left it. So on Saturday I tried to take a nap but strangely couldn't sleep (this NEVER happens!). So I swept my room and went to Walmart instead. The two departments I visited were Electronics and Automotive. And I'll be honest, with my fragglerock hair, I pretty much owned the aisles. The great bias-cut skirt and beaded sandals I was wearing may have had something to do with it too. But 69 bobby pins later - my hair a post-fraggle rock disaster, my skirt in the dirty laundry, I'm just exhausted. Somewhere in the middle of all the craziness of the wedding and not sleeping and topping off my motor oil in the Walmart parking lot, I realized that for the first time in my life I felt like a bona-fide grown-up rather than a slightly heavier, more educated version of my 17 year old self. It's great, but I'm exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment